CPA | BEND, OR
ESTATE, TRUST, & GIFT TAXES
We are your professional teammates for strategic planning, administration, and liquidation.
ESTATE, TRUST, & GIFT TAX PREPARATION SERVICES
Planning for your death can be emotional and difficult. For trusted loved ones left to administer estate affairs, it can be time-consuming and challenging. Our team of CPAs has extensive experience in this field of tax law and can carefully navigate you and your family through a difficult time. We look beyond the engagement to address family issues, identify opportunities, and utilize a large professional network to ensure your family’s needs are satisfied.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
FIDUCIARY INCOME TAX RETURNS (TRUSTS & ESTATES)
- Support with administrative trusts and estates, decedents’ estates, and ongoing irrevocable trusts
- Experience with various types of trusts, including credit shelter trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, education trusts, charitable remainder trusts, legacy trusts, and more
- Experience in tax planning strategies related to deductions and timing of income
ESTATE & INHERITANCE TAX RETURNS
- Preparation of Federal Estate Tax Returns and Oregon Estate Transfer Tax Returns
- Experience with tax savings strategies, including marital deductions, charitable deductions, valuation techniques, and maximization of deductions between estate tax returns and income tax returns
GIFT TAX RETURNS
- Preparation of United States Gift Tax Returns
- Assistance with proactive gift and charitable planning in conjunction with estate tax planning
- Experience with multiple state tax filing requirements
- Ability to prepare fiduciary income tax returns for all states
ESTATE & GIFT TAX PLANNING
- Pre-death estate planning, including estate tax projections as well as coordination with attorneys related to estate planning legal documents and proactive family issues
- Post-death administration estate and tax planning
- Legacy planning to ensure your wishes come to fruition
GENERAL TRUST ADMINISTRATION
- Coordination with all members of the estate planning team, including the trustee, beneficiaries, attorneys, and investment advisors, to ensure the engagement is handled efficiently and effectively
- Assistance with Federal Employer Identification Number applications
- Collaboration with investment advisors in transferring assets between accounts and step-up in basis issues
- Assistance with specific bequests, preliminary, and final distributions to beneficiaries
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING ASSISTANCE
- Reconciliation of accounting records necessary to prepare income taxes as well as satisfy compliance requirements
- Assistance with delivery of financial information to beneficiaries
- Coordination with estate planning attorneys related to trust accounting requirements pursuant to state laws
Q: DO YOU PREPARE ESTATE TAX RETURNS?
A: Yes! The death of a loved one is an emotional time. Our team has a knack for streamlining the estate process while identifying opportunities. We provide you support until the estate is distributed and closed.
Q: WHAT TYPES OF TRUST CLIENTS DO YOU ASSIST?
A: Our clients establish trusts as family legacies. We have trusts that are created upon the death of loved ones. We work with trusts funded for insurance purposes and educational goals. We even work with pet trusts!
Q: WHAT IS YOUR ROLE IN ESTATE PLANNING?
A: We listen to your goals and work closely with your professional team to develop plans that suit your needs. We can provide in-depth planning and projections for your ending net worth through our sister firm, 2260 West.