CPA | BEND, OR
Tax Planning & Consulting
We are more than tax preparers. We are constructive tax planners.
FORWARD-LOOKING TAX PLANNING & CONSULTING SERVICES
Tax preparation services require us to review decisions and transactions that have occurred in the past. With proactive tax planning, our team has the chance to truly make a difference in your tax and financial life and help you achieve your goals. Perhaps you value an independent third-party’s opinion on a financial matter. Through various consulting engagements, we aim to please.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
INCOME TAX PROJECTIONS
- Determine overall tax liabilities and future tax liabilities
- Determine approximate tax related to the sale of stock, the sale of a building, a Roth conversion, lump-sum income items, and more
- Assist employees in filling out Form W-4 to elect payroll tax withholdings
- Maximize low tax brackets
CALCULATION OF QUARTERLY ESTIMATED INCOME TAX PAYMENTS
- Calculate and deliver quarterly estimated tax payments based on dialogue between our team and the client
- Recalculate quarterly estimated tax payments due to changes in income
COMPLEX REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- 1031 exchange support and analysis
- Purchase and/or sale of residential, commercial, and vacation home real estate
- Preparation of complex income tax projections related to the timing of major real estate events
- Installment sales
- Cost segregations
- Partial asset dispositions
ESTATE TAX PLANNING
- Collaboration with the client and attorney regarding estate tax planning legal document creation
- Strategic estate and gift tax planning for the death of a loved one
- Legacy planning, including tax planning related to trusts
- Learn more about our <estate, trust, & gift tax services>.
GIFT TAX PLANNING
- Designing strategies to maximize gift tax laws
- Creating long-term gift tax strategies
- Assistance with gifting illiquid assets, such as real estate and business interests
- Legacy planning
- Assistance with gifts to irrevocable trusts
- Income tax projections related to ways to maximize tax efficiencies from charitable giving
- Assistance with tax laws surrounding donor-advised funds, cash donations, non-cash donations, charitable remainder trusts (CRTs), qualified charitable distributions from retirement accounts (QCDs), and more
BUSINESS PURCHASES, ACQUISITIONS, SALES, AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Assistance with the purchase or acquisition of an existing business, including a legal document review, financial analysis, forecast preparation, and more
- Assistance with the sale of your business, including support for business valuation, allocation of the sales price amongst assets, and the style of business sale in conjunction with tax efficiencies
- Consulting related to intra-business succession plans, such as family members, keymen, rising stars, and more
BUDGETING, FORECASTING, AND CASH FLOW ANALYSIS
- Assistance with personal budgets and cash flow analysis
- Assistance with a budget creation and cash flow modeling for businesses
- Assistance with multi-year business proformas evaluating projected financials into the future
ASSISTANCE WITH EMPLOYER-SPONSORED TAX-ADVANTAGED PLANS
- Retirement plans (401(k), Roth 401(k), SIMPLE IRA, SEP-IRA, 403(b), and more)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs – dependent care and pre-tax medical)
- Health insurance options
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
MULTI-YEAR PROACTIVE PLANNING
- Forward-looking proformas of financial statements for business clients
- Long-term tax projections for individual clients
- Planning for one-time major future events
- Cash flow analysis and budgeting for retirement
- Proactive tax forecasts for income earned in retirement
COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Services offered through 2260 West, LLC
- Access to multiple CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™ who are also CPAs
- Ability to create custom-based, formal financial plans with long-term forecasting solely based on your goals
- Ability to monitor and modify the plan as your goals change
Q: WHAT IS TAX PLANNING?
A: There could be a million answers to this question. Normally, tax planning involves identifying opportunities, developing short-term and long-term tax strategies, projecting tax liabilities, and calculating quarterly estimates.
Q: WHY IS TAX PLANNING IMPORTANT?
A: While tax preparation is a reactive service, tax planning allows for opportunities to provide value to our clients. Through our knowledge of ever-changing tax laws and our ability to listen to each client’s needs and goals, we can identify opportunities to maximize tax strategies and present options for our clients.
Q: HOW ARE YOU PROACTIVE?
A: We contact our clients multiple times a year. Touching base with our clients often gives us a chance to discuss tax planning opportunities. We are always sure to communicate any new changes in tax laws to our affected clients.
Q: DO YOU OFFER FINANCIAL PLANNING SERVICES?
A: Patrick Casey & Co. LLP does not. Our sister firm, 2260 West, offers comprehensive financial planning services.